July 29, 2020
15 Things You Need To Know About Altilis Beauty
As a new skincare company we wanted to share what is important to us and makes us stand out! We are proud to be a science-based natural skincare company that discovered the nourishing and rejuvenating benefits of breadfruit flower. We take extensive care to formulate our patented extract to be UV protective, reduce acne and signs of aging.
- The main active ingredient in our products is breadfruit (and more specifically, the breadfruit flower), and this is the first time that breadfruit flowers have ever been used in skincare products before.
- Proudly Canadian, we formulate, design, bottle and label all of our products here in Toronto, Ontario.
- We discovered the skincare benefits of breadfruit during a research term at The University of British Columbia.
- All of our products are hypoallergenic and fragrance free.
- Altilis is the species name of breadfruit. Hence where our company name, Altilis Beauty, came from.
- The product line was originally formulated to combat sensitive skin. However, it is beneficial for all skin types, especially aging skin.
- We obtain all of our breadfruit flowers from micro farmers who live in communities in tropical islands. Learn more about our partnership and our impact here.
- Breadfruit flowers used to be a waste product, until we discovered the value of the extract. Now, rather than composting these flowers we created a value chain for economic development and generation of new income sources.
- Our airless pump containers are 100% recyclable since each component is made out of the same plastic so you don’t have to disassemble it before recycling!
- Our breadfruit ingredient is extracted from the male INFLORESCENCES of breadfruit (male flowers). The resulting extract has a sweet molasses-like scent with citrus top notes - the ESSENCE. Because we get our "essence" from the "inflorescences", we have named our breadfruit skin care products "InflorEssence".
- We are not only green and natural, but we are also sustainable and eco-friendly. Green products aren’t necessarily good for the environment. However, here at Altilis Beauty, we ensure that we create products that are both good for your skin and good for the planet.
- We are certified as a cruelty-free brand from PETA. We do not believe in animal testing which is why we vow to always uphold cruelty-free standards at our company. We do however test all of our products on ourselves (and beta testers) before launching them.
- We constantly research new and potent ingredients from around the world to incorporate into our skincare products. We love the power of plants and are always amazed at their seemingly endless applications for skincare.
- One tree can feed a family of four for 50 years without them being malnourished because breadfruit “contain[s] a full spectrum of the essential amino acids” . Therefore, breadfruit trees benefit families and communities with sustainable food security and conservation of traditional knowledge.
- We love connecting with our community. Not only are you guys our endless inspiration for new products, but we also love to get your feedback, hear your thoughts on our products, and listen to your stories! Reach out to us at email@example.com.