DIY Body Scrub
Body scrubs are not a new concept in the beauty industry. However, there is a reason why beauty aficionados use them as a regular part of their beauty routine – they work. From the beneficial ingredients to the way they make you feel, there are so many physical and mental benefits to using a body scrub. Not only do body scrubs help to shed dead skin cells on the outermost layer of your skin, but they also help to increase circulation and hydration. Depending on the ingredients that you use for your scrub, you can also be treating your skin with a big dose of beneficial nutrients and minerals. And let’s be honest, body scrubs are just downright relaxing. It’s a great way to treat yourself after a long and stressful day. Here’s a great DIY body scrub recipe that you can make at home!
- Himalayan Sea Salt $3 – A great exfoliant and cleanser. If you are using the scrub in the bath, your body will be able to absorb all of the powerful nutrients from the Himalayan sea salts that will dissolve into the bath after use. These nutrients include: calcium, copper, iodine, iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, potassium, selenium, sodium and zinc.
- (Dead) Sea Bath Salt $14 – A great exfoliant and cleanser.
- Essential Oil: Rosemary $12 – A powerful astringent to the skin. Reduces the appearance of enlarged pores by causing the skin to contract. Excellent for active breakouts.
- Essential Oil: Palmarosa $20 – A cell regenerator that provides hydrates and moisturizes the skin. Excellent for active acne. Helps with inflammatory diseases including eczema and dermatitis.
- Essential Oil: Patchouli $16– The perfect oil for dry, mature skin. It is a tissue regenerator providing rejuvenating properties to the skin. Can be used for scars, acne, eczema, burns and varicose veins.
- A Non-Comedogenic Oil: Kukui Nut Oil $16- Kukui nut oil is excellent for dry, oily and combination skin types. It absorbs quickly and leaves the skin with a silky, velvety finish. This oil strengthens the skin’s natural lipid barrier for hydrated, plump looking skin.
- Tamanu Oil $15 – This particular oil is great to use for acne-prone skin, acne scarring, stretch marks, age spots, skin rashes and general scarring due to its inherent antimicrobial and antibacterial properties.
Step 1: Grind up equal parts of the Himalayan Sea Salt and Dead Sea Bath Salt in a spice grinder or small blender until it resembles a coarse meal. Pour into a mixing bowl.
Step 2: Add enough of the Kukui Nut Oil so that the mixture is damp and well combined (see photo).
Step 3: Add Several drops of the Tamanu Oil to the mixture. Mix well.
Step 4: Add 20 drops total of essential oils for every 100 g of scrub. Mix well.
Voilà! A simple and super easy DIY body scrub that’s perfect for the bath or shower. We recommend using a body scrub once or twice a week.
- ½ cup Himalayan Sea Salt
- ½ cup (Dead) Sea Bath Salt
- 4 drops Rosemary Essential Oil
- 4 drops Palmarosa Essential Oil
- 4 drops Patchouli Essential Oil
- ~ 4 tbsp. Kukui Nut Oil
- ~ 1 tsp. Tamanu Oil
Directions ~ 10 minutes preparation time:
- Step 1: Grind up the Himalayan Sea Salt and Sea Bath Salt in a spice grinder or blender until it resembles a coarse meal. Pour into a mixing bowl.
- Step 2: Add enough of the Kukui Nut Oil so that the mixture is damp and well combined
- Step 3: Add Tamanu Oil and mix well
- Step 4: Add essential oils and mix well